Existing Physical Infrastructure
Access to Site
- The site is about 9 km from DamakChowk, East West Highway.
- All types of road transportation can reach upto the site.
- The site can be reached from Kathmandu within a day
- The land available is fairly plain and planted
- India, Bhutan, Bangladesh are very near. China and other SAARC countries are also not that far either.
- The site is about 60 km west from Kakadbhitta custom office and 65 km distance from Rani Custom, Biratnagar.
- The site can be reached through Bhadrapur airport and Biratnagar Airport, both within 60 km drive.
Water supply and Sewerage
- Water supply from Municipality is limited but Deep tube well can be used
- The site is itself on the banks of river so the sewerage is disposed on the downstream in Ratuwa river after proper treatment
Electricity, Telephone and Internet
- Electricity, Telephone and internet all facilities are available in Damak.
- Supermarkets, Departmental stores, Hotels and Restaurants, Financial Institutions, Nepal Police, Armed Police Force, Travel Agents, Cargo and Courier Services, Educational Institutes and Universities, Black Topped Roads in major parts of the city, Taxi Service, Hospitals and Ambulances, Other Public Transports, Government Offices, etc.
Availability of Construction Material
- Major source of construction material (stone, sand and aggregates) is the Chure-Bhavar range on the ofRatuwa River
- Other construction materials like cement, bricks, timber, reinforcement, etc. could be easily available from DamakChowk itself.
Availability of Human Resource
- Skilled Human Resource (Source: Universities and Higher Education Institutes, Experienced people who have already worked in public and private companies for several years in different sectors)
- Semi-skilled and low-skilled (Source: Employees returned from Middle East and other countries, school and college drop-outs and local labors and construction workers)